Saturday 21 September 2019

Restaurant: Al Waha

Last Wednesday, back with Civilised London (CL) for a Lebanese meal at Al Waha, meeting beforehand at the Prince Alfred. My only Meetup of the week! I had to take the Tube - buses at that time of day would take too long.

Well, so it proved, and I arrived at the pub around the stated time - to find just one of the group there before me. The others weren't long in arriving though, and we chatted merrily until it was time to take the relatively short walk to the restaurant - past many other ethnic ones. Diverse dining indeed!



A pretty small place, we got a table just inside the door, beside the window - and in common with the rest, it included a wine holder sort of integral to the table. An extensive menu occupied us for a while - I have to say, in summary, it'd be hard to go wrong here. Starters and mains were excellent, I think we all agreed. Caveat: they do like to feed you here, and in my case, I was served far too much. I had the chicken for main course, and I swear, I had two chicken breasts on my plate, along with a portion of chips.. never mind having shared starters with the others. Impossible to finish, and none of us wanted dessert - although we were served a complimentary dish of a selection of mini desserts. Friendly service though, and a decent price - just beware the portions!

Having been to the Prince Alfred, we then schlepped along to a pub named for his brother, the Prince Edward. Where there was a massive picture of him, and plenty of seating. And we whiled away some more of the night most pleasantly.


Got the bus back - partly why I was back too late to blog - and Thursday was hectic at work. Then I came back to Ireland for a long weekend - and honestly, I've been too busy (and in between, too tired) to blog until now!

On Monday, back with Up in the Cheap Seats (UITCS) - again, it'll have been nearly three weeks since I was last with them! The occasion is a production of Giselle, by the English National Ballet, at Sadler's Wells.

On Tuesday, back with North London Friends, to Donmar Warehouse, for Appropriate.

On Wednesday, the Crick Crack Club is back after the summer! Tricksters & Fools is at Rich Mix - it's another in Crick Crack's Archetypes series, and stars Sarah Liisa Wilkinson (hello again!), Tim RalphsTUUP, and Nell Phoenix.

On Thursday, UITCS is back with Groan Ups, at the Vaudeville.

On Friday, Love London Theatre, Arts, Music & Stuff is at Our Lady of Kibeho, at the Theatre Royal Stratford. Ahah, I knew I'd booked something else with them!

And next Saturday, I booked for the matinee of Glass. Kill. Bluebeard. Imp. at the Royal Court. And then CL organised an outing to see London Concertante perform the Four Seasons at Southwark Cathedral. What the hey, I figure I can make both! It's ages since I heard it, in fact.. and it'll be a nostalgic trip for me, as my very first Meetup with the Man with the Hat was to listen to Concertante in Southwark Cathedral. He's much missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment