Wednesday 15 January 2020

Restaurant: Little Georgia

Tonight, back with Meetup at last. Civilised London (CL) was back to dinner at Little Georgia, and naturally, so was I. Meeting at The Crown beforehand. The weather was supposed to improve as the day went on..

And so it did. I was a little later leaving than I really should have been - but when am I not? The handy bus stop around the corner was the stopping point for the bus that took me as close as possible - unfortunately, half of London seemed to consider it their best option too, and vast streams of people got on and off at every subsequent stop. So by the time I arrived at the pub, everyone else was in situ - the organiser was kind enough to get me a drink, and by the time I'd drunk it, and some conversation had been had, it was time to head off.


Two of our group hadn't been here before - I made some menu suggestions, and we began. And yes, as before, the only problem was the portion size.. I had dumplings for main course this time, and couldn't finish - although 3.5 out of 5 ain't bad! They were tasty, of course, as was the starter I have always had. We couldn't even finish the chips, what with everything else.. but it was a good meal, and good to see people again, first time in the New Year. And good luck to the restaurant staff, with the huge group that arrived towards the end of our meal! Caveat: one of the ladies' cubicles wasn't in operation, and the other has a catch lock that could easily pop open if the door is pushed hard enough. You have been warned..!

Tomorrow is going to be film as well - which is where Knives Out comes in. No question I was going to see it - it was just a question of which to see first! This is a classic, drawing-room murder mystery. Daniel Craig is the detective, hired to investigate the murder of Christopher PlummerJamie Lee Curtis is the deceased's daughter, married to Don JohnsonToni Collette is the deceased's daughter-in-law. Each as horrid as the last.. and I booked it, because the closest showing is in the Vue Islington, and Vue are apparently cheaper online. Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend.

On Monday, back with CL for another jazz night at Wilton's. This time, it's Uri Sade.

On Tuesday, back for another comedy show at Soho Theatre - this time, it's Hench, by Jessica Fostekew.

And next Wednesday, I'm back with Up in the Cheap Seats for a preview of Aisha and Abhaya, at the Linbury Theatre - apparently a new venue for the Opera House. My first time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment