Wednesday 18 May 2022

Webinar: Web Scraping with Python

This evening - well, I saw on Meetup that a group called Get a Tech Developer Job had a free webinar, Learn Web Scraping with Python! Now, we're expected to use Python in my new job, and I never have - so this could be very handy indeed. I signed up, but it was just as well he sent a registration reminder today, I hadn't paid attention and didn't realise we had to register! The event was available on Eventbrite.

Well, the first seven minutes or so were just advertising his own company - a recruiter for tech developers, as you might expect. Most of the talk centred around a YouTube video, with someone else explaining the subject of this talk. Which was just as well, as he had a much more comprehensible accent. Now, I don't really need to know how to web scrape, and the Python used is quite specific to that, but I did pick up an idea of how it works. Which is all I was really going for. When people began to realise that the YouTube video was the most valuable aspect of the webinar, they signed off in droves. Interestingly, the webinar also worked as a recruitment session, as they're looking for a team of developers to scrape job websites..

(Of course, if I can access a YouTube video on web scraping with Python, I can also access videos on Python specifically. But this did at least give me a direction to start with.)

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the Crick Crack Club again, for Astray, at Rich Mix. A storytelling double bill, both Irish ladies telling Irish myths!

On Friday, headed to Marys Seacole, at Donmar Warehouse. Based on a true story. I've heard mixed reviews - we shall see.

And on Saturday - well Lordy, I've booked for the Roman London Walk, with Walk About London (also advertised on Walks, Talks & Treasure Hunts - both linked to London Guided Walks). Now, I missed the last two I was booked on with this company - third time lucky? Got reminders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment