Wednesday 18 May 2022

Restaurant: Mestizo

Last night, back with Civilised London for a meal at last - this one was at Mestizo (Mexican). Mexican isn't usually my favourite, but I thought I'd give it a shot. We were to meet beforehand at the Crown & Anchor.

It was the warmest day of the year so far! I ventured out without a coat, bringing a wrap for the evening. A very hot bus ride was followed by a pretty short walk, and most of the group were already there, sat outside in the mild weather. The place was heaving, but service was pretty quick, and it was lovely to see everyone again! (one for the first time). One who had booked didn't show, and didn't say they weren't coming, which is rather bad form - these meals tend to be over-subscribed, and they could have freed up a place for someone else. Not to mention that our organiser was worried about them being able to find us! Tut.

Not too long a walk to the restaurant, either - but we arrived a little early, and had to wait a few minutes - this place was heaving as well. We got a nice table by the window.


I didn't fancy a starter, I wasn't hungry enough - everyone else had one though, all of which came with tortillas. As, actually, did the main courses - not that anyone used them for the main, that I noticed. I thought the chicken tequila sounded nice - and wow, it was gorgeous! Mind you, anything would have been good with such well-cooked chicken, which was melt-in-the-mouth, as good as I've had anywhere. If you come here, whatever you have, I suggest you make it chicken.. I had an Argentinian wine, but typically, once the mains were out it was almost impossible to get the waiters to bother with us, and we had to ask three people before I got a second glass. Still, a lovely meal - and despite our organiser's dire predictions of rain (he'd brought a brolly), we only had a few drops. Back to the pub afterwards, to round off my only social event this week.. I was way too tired afterwards to blog, but sure slept soundly!

This evening - well, I saw on Meetup that a group called Get a Tech Developer Job has a free webinar, Learn Web Scraping with Python! Now, we're expected to use Python in my new job, and I never have - so this could be very handy indeed. I signed up, but it was just as well he sent a registration reminder today, I hadn't paid attention and didn't realise we had to register! The event is available on Eventbrite.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the Crick Crack Club again, for Astray, at Rich Mix. A storytelling double bill, both Irish ladies telling Irish myths!

On Friday, headed to Marys Seacole, at Donmar Warehouse. Based on a true story. I've heard mixed reviews - we shall see.

And on Saturday - well Lordy, I've booked for the Roman London Walk, with Walk About London (also advertised on Walks, Talks & Treasure Hunts - both linked to London Guided Walks). Now, I missed the last two I was booked on with this company - third time lucky? Got reminders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment