Monday 30 April 2018

Play: A Gym Thing

Tonight, booked with Up in the Cheap Seats, for A Gym Thing - got a fright when I saw that, but no, it's a play - in the Pleasaunce. Just the two of us going! Second time that's happened with this organiser..

But you know that breathlessness I started to experience on Thursday? Turned out to be quite serious, and I still have it - although it's not as bad, I do get breathless whenever I stand up, and I just don't think that schlepping all the way out to that theatre would be a wise thing. In fact, I'm taking myself home to bed, and planning on working from home tomorrow. This infection is going to take some effort to fight.

Tomorrow, I'm back with North London Friends - to the Theatre Royal, Stratford East for Our Country's Good. Assuming I can manage it - jeez, I go so seldom with them, they'll think I'm avoiding them!

On Wednesday, Up in the Cheap Seats is off to The Writer, at the Almeida.

On Thursday, London Literary Walks is doing - ahem - Stalin's Doss House. If I can manage a walk, by then.

Then we're into the Early May Bank Holiday - and I saw an interesting trip, advertised by Carpe Diem, for a long weekend in Bulgaria. So I applied for a place - only to be told that there'd only been six, which were now gone. When I pointed out that the Meetup page advertised 12 places, and that some were shown as still available, they removed the event entirely. Instead, on Friday I'm headed - with the £3.60 club - to Music Hall Monster: The Insatiable Mr. Fred Barnes, at Wilton's. Could be good.

And on Saturday, as of now, I'm signed up to an overnight trip to Newquay in Cornwall with Eddie's Excursions. This time, I got in the first six - ironically, they're not guaranteeing it'll go ahead unless they can fill a minibus! Watch this space..

No comments:

Post a Comment