Wednesday 22 December 2021

Social Chat

Tonight was supposed to be my last social event before Christmas - meeting my ex-boss from my first company in London for our annual hot chocolate and booze. Supposed to meet in Caffe Nero - but wouldn't you know it, he cried off as well, owing to fears of Covid. One day, I suppose, we can meet in person again. For now, it was Skype - and I started on my laptop, but had to move to my phone when the laptop kept dropping connection. What the hey, it was a long, long chat, and great to get back in touch. And hopefully next year will be even more sociable, eh?

Well, I remain bulletproof, and my test today was negative again. So I'm back to Ireland for Christmas tomorrow afternoon.. (highly expensive) Aer Lingus again, for the sake of the later flight. But thank goodness it's not Stansted. Just a long slog over to Heathrow..

Well, cinemas in Ireland - like bars, restaurants and theatres - are subject to an 8pm curfew. But I was already subject to that, living with my mother - so on Friday, I'll be hoping to head to the cinema. Two films on that I want to see - and the better-rated (by far, all of a sudden!) is House of Gucci, starring Lady Gaga, Adam DriverAl Pacino, Jeremy Irons, Jared Leto, and Salma Hayek, in a dramatisation of the life of the famous Gucci family, of fashion business fame. Directed by Ridley Scott, it's bound to be entertaining - and with a cast like that, how can you lose?! Now showing only in the Omniplex.

Flying back to London on the 3rd. Unless.. I'm not. So I'm taking my laptop to Ireland for Christmas. Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment