Saturday 7 November 2020

Film: The Parrot Lady

So, I logged onto the Raindance site today, the last day of showing. Scrolling along the featured films at the top, the first I came to that was still available was The Parrot Lady, a short animated film based on the true story of a homeless lady with pet parrots. So I watched it. And it's a touching little piece, one of these that says a lot with few words. Nicely animated, too - a pleasant way to spend a few minutes. Recommended - only problem is, the site is only live until midnight tonight (GMT), i.e. for under seven hours from time of writing. So, hurry up and watch some - as I say, there are plenty of shorts you can fit in!

I, however, found more to watch on tv today, and am now about to join my mother for another night's telly (yawn). So I'm unlikely to see any more from Raindance. Tomorrow, Up in the Cheap Seats is watching From Here to Eternity: The Musical on YouTube's The Shows Must Go On channel. As usual, they're running too late for me - but hey, I can watch it earlier, right? Wow, it's months since I watched that channel! About time I got back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment