Thursday 17 June 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: trad music

Same gap in tv watching today - sport or soaps or kids' stuff or cookery or Amazing Animal Births.. and so I came back to the St. Patrick's Festival website. And today, it was a feast of trad music.

First up was the most traditional piece I've heard in a while - The Shandrum Céilí Band, playing in the sumptuous surrounds of Doneraile House. Followed by the more modern Sin a Deir Sí, with The Galway Girls providing hard-shoe dance accompaniment on wooden boards, in strappy tops. And last up was the first of The Cobblestone Sessions, at the Cobblestone Pub. With five more to go in that series, I won't be wanting! All very enjoyable.

For Saturday, Cultureseekers has another online quiz - but honestly, it's about artists' self-portraits, and I'd be useless. But I still have plenty to check out on that St. Patrick's website..! 

No comments:

Post a Comment