Saturday 12 June 2021

[ONLINE] Cultureseekers Quiz - Guess the Author or Novel from the Cover! & Film: That's Entertainment Part Two

Today, reliable Cultureseekers had another quiz, advertised late, as ever. This time, it was Guess the Author or Novel from the Cover! So, I signed on at the usual time. Far fewer participants than usual - probably due to the terrific weather! We didn't even have 20..

As ever, a well-thought-out quiz. Mostly classic novels - you could use the cover illustration to guess, sometimes, and he gave the original year of publication of each. The bits we were supposed to guess were blanked out, of course.The first 10, we had to guess the author, given the title - the next 10, we were given the author and had to guess the title. And for the last five - we had to guess both! I managed for two of those - Frankenstein was pretty OK, given the year of publication, and The Lord of the Rings, well.. I mean, the ring was on the cover.. With one point for each of author and title for the last one, in all, I got 14 out of a possible 30.. well, it was fun.


I didn't bother to hang around for the scores, though.

Afterwards, just in time for That's Entertainment, Part Two on TV- now just finished. Narrated by Fred Astaire, new sequences directed by Gene Kelly, who also appears, it's a madcap recap of snippets of years and years of MGM classics. Mostly song and dance numbers - and don't they look lovely on my nice, big, new telly! I watched the first part last week, and watched both years ago, too - but they're always good to, well, entertain!

And Crazy Rich Asians is tonight's tv movie. A romcom, apparently shot in the old musical style. Awesome, sounds great, and this is another I haven't seen.. being stuck in Ireland for the pandemic is at least helping me get through my film list..

No comments:

Post a Comment