Saturday 5 June 2021

Cultureseekers Quiz - Guess the Ladybird Book Cover!

Today, reliable Cultureseekers had another quiz: this time, name the Ladybird book whose cover I'm showing you! Well, I figured I mightn't be able to identify them - but they're delightful to look at!

Overslept, grabbed brunch - but I knew it'd be ok, they always start late. As it turned out, I was just in time. And wouldn't you know it, just as I was trying to get ready, I got another unsolicited Meetup message - a week on from the last, and again, from a self-professed lonely young man. At least this one was in London. Again, an annoying barrage of messages - and I try to be polite, because you never know, they might be genuine. Anyway, I got a merciful reprieve with this one - he seemed to lose interest as soon as I wouldn't share my phone number. Huh.

Back to the quiz. It was really well thought out - the first 10 questions on fairytales, the next five from the "How it Works" series, then five on professions, and the final five a more modern set. The pictures on the covers were, indeed, gorgeous - I have all of them, and wouldn't you know, the only one of these I didn't recognise was The Elves and the Shoemaker! Even though I can guarantee I have it somewhere. Well, there's a blast from the past..


Again, only one wrong in the "How it Works" section. I got all the professions right - and none of the modern ones! I mean, really..

 

Although they look interesting! I do love what they've done with the modern range - strictly tongue in cheek.

Tomorrow - Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto is watching a live stream from the Palace Theatre London! It's the swansong for The Shows Must Go On - a medley of songs from the famous musicals. Sadly, of course, I'll be stuck watching tv with my mother, as usual - enjoy, if you decide to watch! I'd love to join you, but there's no way, and I don't think it's being re-broadcast. As for me, I'll spend any gaps in my tv-watching in the afternoon catching up with the ever-excellent St. Patrick's Day website, long may it last!

No comments:

Post a Comment