Thursday 2 May 2019

Spooky London Paranormal Pub Meetup

Tonight, we were to have yet another set of drinks to celebrate our recent redundancies - one of our number was on holiday for the last lot! So we'd be back at The Draft House. But that didn't happen - so I went back to my original plan, of joining the Spooky London Paranormal Pub Meetup at the Viaduct.

Have to give a shout out to the community policeman who was helping little old ladies off the bus with their shopping!


Well, the organiser arrived first, and positioned himself at the door, as promised. Unfortunately, it wasn't emptying as quickly as we might have hoped - and the lashing rain meant that people were unlikely just to congregate outside. Still, we hung on, and eventually got a table.

Talk was of vampires, poltergeists, and the ghost in the cellar. Most interesting of all discussions had this evening was potentially the conversation with the guy who works in the Apothecaries Hall - hopefully, with ghostly sightings there, we can organise a trip at some point. Anyway, it was an enjoyable evening, in pleasant company. And I just managed to catch the bus home!

Tomorrow, I'm back to Ireland for the Bank Holiday weekendOn Tuesday, I'm treating myself to a trip back to the Globe! It's been so long.. Henry IV, Part I is the occasion. Hope the weather's warmed up a bit, or I might be renting one of their cosy blankets.. Funnily enough, the Globe thinks I've already been, and is offering me a special offer on Part II!

The next three days are all with Up in the Cheap Seats. On Wednesday, we're at the Royal Opera House for a mixed programme by the Royal Ballet.

Next Thursday, we're back to Sadler's Wells for the opening night of Yang Liping's Rite of Spring.

And on the 10th - for something completely different - we're off to the Park Theatre for The Last Temptation of Boris JohnsonBrexit, of course, should feature strongly..

On the 11th, mention was made on Monday of Ivan playing piano, at some bar or other. But as a venue wasn't specified, I doubt it'll happen..

No comments:

Post a Comment