Friday 31 May 2019

Restaurant: Shoryu

Last night, back for our monthly social with ex-colleagues from my last company - this month, gee, you'll never guess.. someone suggested Japanese! :-) So we went to Shoryu - upon seeing the menu, my boss remarked that it seemed very good value - particularly for Covent Garden!

It's actually close enough to walk from the office - and I did. First time I've walked that route - you see so much more!




I was the second to arrive - which meant I didn't have to locate the table! because the first to arrive messaged us where he was. We had a long, L-shaped table in the corner - which was mainly dismantled later when it turned out that most weren't coming. Interesting decor:




As usual for me these days, I had the chicken katsu curry - mind you, I wasn't alone in that! And it was truly excellent. Asked for a knife and fork, and she came back with a load of them - for everyone having that dish, I think.. We were well fed (and supplied with sundry drinks), but two of the group fancied going around the corner for dessert, which they cheekily brought back. ;-)

Afterwards, the general mood was for a pub - and when I checked, I discovered we were just down the road from the White Hart! So we went there - and my group were duly impressed with my choice. Thanks, Man with the Hat for introducing me to this.. I've had many a good night there. As usual, I took us to the seating area at the back, where we took a nice, big table for those of us that were left. And we really appreciated a pub that was quiet enough to hear ourselves talk..

Finally, it was just me and Ivan for the Hippodrome, where we had some excellent nibbles as well as drink. Kudos to him for dropping me home in his taxi afterwards! And boy, am I glad they have a half day today.. oh, my head..





This evening, I'm back to Ireland for the weekend. Interestingly, my new company has an extra "bank holiday"; they brought in an extra day off some years ago as a reward for people who'd worked hard on a release - and they kept it! So we have two bank holidays in a row. Which means I coincide with Ireland, which has a bank holiday the first Monday in June instead of the last one in May..! So I fly back on Monday evening.

Tuesday is looking like film, and the film is looking like Mari, in which - it seems - a family deal with their grandmother's failing health through dance. Looks interesting - closest showing to me is in the Curzon Bloomsbury.

Wednesday is my next Meetup - and just like the last Meetup, I'm with London Literary Walks This is A Dickens Walk - but as usual, I'm sure that's not all we'll cover.

On Thursday, I'm back for a pub night with Spooky London - we're at The Anchor Tap.

And next Friday, back with Up in the Cheap Seats for Education, Education, Education at Trafalgar Studios. Set in a school in the 90s, it looks like great fun..

No comments:

Post a Comment