Monday 17 October 2016

Free Comedy in Hammersmith

Tonight, I was supposed to be off to another of those over-advertised free comedy nights in Hammersmith - I booked with Free Comedy Nights in Hammersmith, Wimbledon and Farringdon: London Live Comedy: London Art, Comedy and Culture Lovers (who, for once, didn't charge extra for booking): and London for a Tenner or Less. Who will probably cancel the listing halfway through the event - hilarious when you see they've done that, and you're actually at the "cancelled" event.

Thing is, this is one of the events I'm most likely to cancel on, myself. It's free, and it's not unmissable - it's of variable quality, and frankly, one of the mcs makes a terrible comedian. Having said that, it's ok, and they're friendly - but if there's a good reason to stay away, I will. Now, today actually went quite well - much better than expected, and almost entirely due to the absence from the office of someone who shall be nameless. Who might also be away tomorrow, fingers crossed. Anyway, all of this has put me in a decent mood, and I don't need cheering up. Besides, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and it's intermittently lashing outside. Think I'll stay in and wash my hair!

And, of course, I am booked up for the rest of the week. Tomorrow proved difficult - not because there was so little on, but because there is so much! LDN Talks@Night is running no fewer than 10 talks, simultaneously, and I had to figure out which I'd prefer to go to. All run by London Speaks Sessions, i.e. Funzing. Anyway, the winner for me was the one on Insights of a War Crime Investigator. Which (a) sounds more interesting than tonight, and (b) I've paid for. So the odds are better that I'll go.

On Wednesday, it's back with the Man with the Hat, whee! - who's taking London for Less Than a Tenner to Top Secret again. Helen might come, but needs to get her car back from its MOT first..

On Thursday, I'm back with the Crick Crack Club, for The Grateful and the Dead, their first event in the Arthouse, Crouch End. And the story is being told by the famous Ben Haggerty, no less!

Then I'm back to Ireland for a long weekend, it being my mother's birthday on Monday - I'm taking a couple of days off. (Jeez, that reminds me, haven't got her a card yet!) Anyway, on Saturday we're off to a Mario Lanza tribute at the University Concert Hall, Limerick. (Jeez, must print off the tickets beforehand!) It's hard to remember everything..

I fly back early on Tuesday, because I'm booked with London Dramatic Arts that night, to go to Amadeus, at the National.

Wednesday of next week is something I've been looking forward to for a while - I'm off with London for a Tenner or Less (Funzing, not Man with Hat!) to Step on Board the Haunted Tube Express! Hallowe'en starts here, eh?!

And Thursday of next week is the next of the Man with the Hat's long season at the Opera House, where we're headed to see the comic opera, The Nose. I'm going cheap, as usual, of course, and sitting in the slips, with London for Less Than a Tenner..

No comments:

Post a Comment