Friday 24 May 2013

Restaurant: Bombay Spice, Guildford

We were at the Bombay Spice restaurant in Guildford last night. I give it about an 8/10.

Very friendly service. We had a selection of starters - not mad about the samosa, which was so-so, but the others I tried, bhajees and some chicken (not sure which variety), were excellent. I was delighted to see butter chicken on the menu, it's been a while; not the best I've had, but very tasty indeed. Pulau rice and peshwari naan were excellent, and completed a very satisfying meal. Had a glass of house white wine, which was drinkable. I'd go again.

Had a palaver getting home. Didn't realise that the last Overground from Clapham Junction to Willesden Junction leaves at 11.31pm, and didn't make it to Clapham Junction in time for that. Unfamiliar with local buses and unable to find a taxi in Clapham, I ended up taking a train to Waterloo and a taxi from there. Which, at least, gave me a gorgeous view crossing the river. Grr. At least I know for next time..

Back to Ireland for the weekend, including a performance of A Whistle in the Dark. Next London performance is The Hothouse, by Harold Pinter, in Trafalgar Studios on Tuesday, and for Wednesday I'm making use of a free cinema ticket offer I got, and taking myself to The Moth Diaries. Not terrific reviews, but it's free..

No comments:

Post a Comment