Sunday 25 July 2021

Series: The Purge (Season 1, Episode 9)

I still have more of The Purge to see on Amazon.. and I was dying to see the outcome of the latest twist! Which I did, yesterday - I ended up being a bit busy to blog though, and was tired last night.

Well, well, well. The twist makes sense - and leads to another surprising development, when one of the major characters gets axed. And by the end, we have yet another desperate situation to be resolved, amid seemingly impossible odds. But you know - the entire story makes sense, it's very cleverly written, and I have never seen so many twists and turns and shocking conclusions. Definitely keeping me hooked! And there's at least one more episode in this season - and, I suspect, more than that..

Tonight, there is something interesting on tv - would you believe, I've never seen Mary, Queen of Scots! The title role is taken by Saoirse RonanElizabeth I is played by Margot Robbie. It's slated for its historical inaccuracies - it seems they claim that Mary was trying to depose Elizabeth, which I've never heard, although enough plots were raised in her name (Mary was Elizabeth's closest relative and heir, a Catholic, and the focus of many Catholic plots against the Protestant Elizabeth).

Not to mention that, in real life, Mary probably didn't have the pronounced Scottish accent she adopts here; having taken the throne as a baby, she was raised in France from the age of 5, for her own safety - Scottish nobles were notorious through history for killing royals so they could take the throne themselves - and stayed there until she was 18 (France would have been a natural choice, as her mother was French). So I'm guessing she had a touch of French about her, although I guess that would have made the story a tad more complicated. Finally, she definitely never met Elizabeth, despite begging her for years for an audience. A review I've just read describes their meeting as a spellbinding encounter, though. Ah hell, I couldn't miss it, now could I?!

No comments:

Post a Comment