Sunday 4 July 2021

Film: Triangle

I'm enjoying tracking down horror films on Amazon Prime..! So, with another gap in programming this evening, I turned to it again - and the next I could find on my list of horror films - that is, indeed, showing on Amazon Prime Ireland - is a little horror I never heard of, called Triangle. So I had a go at that.

It's set in the Bermuda Triangle - hence the name - and is the story of a group of friends who go sailing, only to have their yacht capsize in a freak storm. Happily, a cruise ship passes that way, and they climb onboard - only to find it completely deserted. Well, almost completely - and what happens next will make them wish they never bothered.

There's a hooded killer. But no, you really can't tell the plot from that - well, bits of it, but not fully. You won't even come close. This is a lovely piece of psychological horror, which I can't go into detail about without giving far too much away. I'll just say this - I found the beginning of the film confusing, but I later found out why. Also, anything you might be confused about throughout the film will be explained. Piece by piece, you'll put it together. I spotted one thing that might be considered a minor glitch, but maybe that would have been explained too, if the film had gone on for a bit longer! Stick with it - I loved the ah-hah! moments, when they began.

For Saturday, pending the Cultureseekers quiz announcement, there's always the St. Patrick's Festival website..

No comments:

Post a Comment