Tuesday 12 August 2014

Concert: Sinéad O' Connor

Nuts. You know, I should've checked the stage times, available on the Roundhouse website - but I didn't check them in time. Sinéad O' Connor isn't due to go on until 9. The last Overground outta there that would get me home is just after 11 - and it's a 10-minute walk from the venue. So I'd probably have to leave early. And the weather is, to coin a phrase - "cat" (that's not praise). I got drenched on the way home - not rain, but hail, of all things! I couldn't believe my eyes. And I'm not that mad about her, to go out in those conditions, and come home a complicated way.

So I cut my losses and stayed in.

Tomorrow should be more reliable - I'm heading to another film: The Purge: Anarchy is showing in Shepherd's Bush. Much earlier, much closer, and I'm much keener on it.. On Thursday, I've booked to see another film in the Century of Chinese Cinema at the BFI - this one is called Women From the Lake of Scented Souls. It's mostly sold out, so I said I'd book. Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend. Next week, and covering the UK bank holiday on the 25th, I'm in Liechtenstein! Well, it makes a change, and I can practice my German.. I'll be based in Malbun, in the Alpenhotel Vogeli.

No comments:

Post a Comment