Monday 5 September 2022

Quiz

Today, I rather dubiously booked with a new group - 50-50 Trivia plan to run fortnightly Monday afternoon trivia quizzes, upstairs at The Rugby Tavern - which is just down the road from me. All good - except I then got a welcome email from the group organiser, saying the first quiz would be next Monday.. which did cause some confusion.

Well, I went to bed late, and woke late - still in time though, and I wasn't far away. So, off I schlepped - the rain held off until I was nearly in the door. Got a drink - they do nice sauvignon blanc here, I see. Investigated the upstairs - and lo, there was the organiser, enjoying a Thai meal from the pub. They do very nice Thai food, it seems - I must try it sometime. Anyway, it seems a lovely, friendly group.. I had a chatty afternoon.

The questions were mostly a/b format, a choice of two answers. There were three tables - ours came joint runners-up, respectably. And d'you know, I had a lovely time! Also met someone I hadn't seen in an age.. well, hope I get to come to one of theirs again. As for food - well, I just didn't feel like Thai today, so schlepped off to O' Neill's afterwards. Well, it's been a while!

Tomorrow, I've signed up for a walk called Papers, Palaces & Priories: a Guided Walk of Fleet Street and the Strand, by London Walks, Art & Culture Explorers. Hope the rain holds off!

On Wednesday, I'm back to storytelling! Oh joy.. the Crick Crack Club is back, with Strange Girls, Beautiful Monsters, as told by Sarah Liisa Wilkinson, at Rich Mix. Good to see them on the road again!

And on Thursday, back with Watch Improv & Chat Comedy for Avocado Presents: An Improvised Play, in Baron's Court Theatre. Easily known the main group is back from their holidays - you now have to pay for this! and the discount code advertised on the event page has expired, grr..

No comments:

Post a Comment