Wednesday 6 May 2020

An Hour With Nick Hennesey

London Literary Walks' quiz came through - happy to say I'm still doing well! And I do enjoy it, particularly these days, without many calls on my time.

Unusually, I attended storytelling today! Yes, I skived off for an hour - one of my favourite storytellers, Nick Hennessey, was hanging out for an hour on Facebook. And oh my goodness, was I glad I signed in.. it was terrific! (once he followed our advice, and turned up the volume a bit.) Audio only. He played the harp, sang - and told stories.. for well over the scheduled hour. Some I knew, some not - it didn't matter. Finished with an excerpt from the Kalevala, which is a specialty of his. And it was all terrific - so soothing. I'd missed storytelling so much, it's been so long! Particularly in his case - he lives in the North of England, and doesn't make it to London that much any more. I think the recording is staying on Facebook for another couple of days.. seriously recommend you check it out. You might need headphones though! Oh, and it does take a few minutes for anything to start - the volume finally increases to manageable levels about 12 minutes in!

Now, Friday is a bank holiday (VE Day) - so I'll need something to do that day as well. And I was thinking I'd follow Up in the Cheap Seats' lead from yesterday, and have a look at a livestreamed Showstopper! show, filmed in the Lyric a month ago without an audience (!), now available on Facebook..

..and then they advertised Antony and Cleopatra, screened by the National Theatre from that day. Starring Ralph Fiennes and Sophie Okenedo. Now, that does sound interesting..

No comments:

Post a Comment