Tuesday 8 November 2016

Free Comedy in Hammersmith

What IS it with the traffic in Guildford?! I had the misfortune to be delayed in the office tonight - see, I often stayed late in London and was happy to do so, but Guildford is another matter. Staying late means you hit the worst of the traffic - another hour and a half to get home, and the free comedy in Hammersmith had already started. And unlike last night, I didn't fancy the Plan B film - I, Daniel Blake, again, sounds depressing, and I'm tired, and was hungry. A night in beckoned, and I needed it.

O please, please, let another job happen along soon.. Meanwhile, tomorrow night I definitely won't be staying in. I'm back with the Man with the Hat, who's taking Let's Do London - for less! to Southwark Playhouse, to see Orca. And working from home next day (praise the LORD! My driving leg is really stiff..), I don't have to go to bed early. Hallelujah.

Thursday - yes, you guessed it, free comedy in Hammersmith! Think of it as a placeholder. Funnily enough, I'd just booked with London for a Tenner or Less, and only just noticed that Free Comedy Nights in Hammersmith Wimbledon and Farringdon, and London Live Comedy, were also advertising. Again. So I've booked. Again. What the hey, it's free.

Now, on Friday, London Dramatic Arts are off to see King Lear at the Barbican. Haven't seen that since I studied it in school. Well, I'm off to see it too - cheaper, and sat in the very back row! Hopefully, with the maze that the Barbican is, it'll be fairly easy to avoid them.

And I did have something to do on Saturday - or rather, the Man with the Hat did, until hardly anyone booked, so he cancelled! Bah humbug. Might go to the Lord Mayor's show, which is on that day. Or perhaps a film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment