Sunday 21 August 2016

Canary Wharf Circular Walk

..predictably, didn't happen. Ken's Events was actually doing this, and given that my membership card has expired, I'd have been doing it on my own. It was always in doubt.. and given that I didn't wake till afternoon, then spent the whole afternoon with crippling stomach pain - that wasn't happening.

All better now, you'll be glad to hear - and mercifully, this was the perfect day for it to happen, with nothing special on the calendar. As for tomorrow - well, I was all fired up to do this short film crewing event, until I realised it wouldn't be a one-off, that the work would continue over several weeks - they make a film a month. I'd love to do it - but with every second weekend in Ireland, and so much else on that I want to do.. just not feasible, I'm afraid. Instead, I got me a cheap ticket to The Truth, which has transferred to Wyndham's from the Menier Chocolate Factory, and which last night's organiser was recommending to me.

No change for the rest of the week (so far): Tuesday has a couple of comedy events - I had signed up for the usual free one in Hammersmith, then saw one advertised for The Bedford, with London Live Comedy - half the distance, so I've booked for that instead.

On Wednesday, I'm back with LDAM, who again had the cheapest tickets for something, would you believe! Also at the National, this time it's Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, a riotous schoolgirl comedy set during a choral competition.

On Thursday, the Man with the Hat makes an appearance - his second outing to Macbeth, at the Globe, in fact; I loved it so much the first time that I'm going again. The music is by the same composer who wrote the soundtrack for Eyes Wide Shut, and I adored it - I'm a sucker for a good soundtrack.

And on Friday, I'm back to Ireland again, for a long weekend - it's a bank holiday here the following Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment