Wednesday 22 June 2016

Comedy: Top Secret

Back in London! Absolutely wrecked, and with a ton of holiday blogs to write - not to mention that Helen still had to upload all those photos. No wonder I didn't feel like going out on Monday night. And with the photos now uploaded, I deliberately decided to stay in on Tuesday night, to start all this blogging. Wouldn't you know, that was the day that construction workers decided to cut through the fibreoptic cables supplying all of SW London with internet..!

Well, I'd booked to go to Top Secret on Wednesday night (with the Man with the Hat), so that I wasn't going to miss. Even if it was going to add to my tally of blogs to write. Now, my phone is acting up to the extent that I'll have to get a new one (when I get through with all this blogging!), so it helped not to have to consult it to find directions. I remembered my way pretty well, arrived in good time. Hand stamping this time was a bit erratic - mine wasn't, others' were. Hey-ho, nobody got thrown out..

When I went in, the Man with the Hat was holding court near the bar. Plenty of familiar faces rocked up - whee! Great to be back, great to see them. In fact, he had a huge group there that night, it seemed, and also seemed that we were the only ones in the house for the first act, Tez Ilyas. Well, I like to think we were appreciative..

This was my third time at Top Secret, and for me, the best yet (comedy being, as always, subjective). Not everyone was terrific, but overall I had a ball. Luisa Omeilan - terrifically sassy. Maff Brown - v funny. I don't know everyone that was on the bill - which is a tragedy when it comes to the last guy, whose name I just don't remember: a Romanian comedian, with a keen eye and a self-deprecating streak, who assured us that no, he wasn't the guy from the Meerkat ad. He joined us for drinks afterwards too, down the road in the White Hart. Well never mind, it was a great welcome back to London for me..

(Now going to have a short break before I tell you what I did on Thursday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment