Sunday 20 September 2015

Restaurant: Nuala's

To Nuala's again today, as has become usual for us, before I fly back to London. Not for much longer though - once Aer Lingus switches to its winter schedule, I won't have time, what with the earlier flights.

This is just a quick note to extol the virtue of a particular dish. I know not to get the pan-fried chicken, which is dry - but they did have a chicken pasta dish, which sounded good. Unfortunately, I mustn't have been the only one to think so, because it was sold out. So I took the plunge, and ordered the "cornflake encrusted" chicken, which came with a choice of pepper sauce or "Café de Paris" butter. Feeling adventurous, I went for the butter.

Well, I have never had such tender chicken there. The "cornflake" crust was softer than many a breadcrumb crust I've had, and the butter had a most curious taste - some blend of spices, but I couldn't determine what. Delish! Quite made up for the chips, which were underwhelming, and which I ate half of, and passed the rest on to the family at the next table, who looked hungry - it was a busy evening at Nuala's, and we'd had to wait some time for our food. But we were warned about that.

Sadly, what with the wait for the main course, we didn't have time for dessert. But we will be back..

Tomorrow, I'm, delighted to be going to The Fate We Bring Ourselves, a retelling of Greek legends, by the Crick Crack Storytelling Club Meetup group, in Soho Theatre. It's ages since I've been with them, and they're always good! And on Tuesday, I'm supposed to be (nominally) with Free London Events and Talks at the Scoop again. This time, it's Still Alice.. but I dunno, the weather forecast doesn't look good. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment