Thursday 22 May 2014

Restaurants: Dragon Palace & Los Molinos

It was Valeriya's last day at the office today, and my, did she have a send-off! Aside from the in-office presentation, we had both a leaving lunch and a leaving dinner.

For both, I had a similar style of menu, in that I had dim sum for lunch and our dinner venue was a tapas restaurant. So, in each case, a selection of small dishes. My, what a well fed day, though! We lunched at the Dragon Palace, where we've been so often before, and where my considered opinion holds that the dim sum is preferable to the a la carte. I ordered four dishes, including a new one - char siu dumplings, which turned out to be gorgeous. Sadly, I wasn't able to finish my custard buns - which, with the erratic service, arrived much later than the rest of the food - but others were happy to do it for me! Some were left waiting a long time for their food - notably those who'd ordered from the a la carte. I do recommend the dim sum, certainly at lunch, for that reason. But, all in all, what I had was truly excellent.

After a food-filled afternoon, with many goodies available in the office for general consumption, and some drinks after work in the local, we headed (eventually) for a meal in Los Molinos. We'd rung ahead, and they had a table ready for us downstairs. In my defence, I've never been here before, and I wanted to try a range of dishes - so the fact that I couldn't finish any of them shouldn't come as a surprise. Next time, I'll know to order two - three at max. The delicias de pollo (chicken fillets, in breadcrumbs, with ham and cheese) were lovely, as were the ham croquettes, and I was sorry not to do justice to the tortilla, which I love. But the stand-out, for me, were the stuffed mushrooms, which were superb. Again, pity I couldn't eat more. Ah well. Service was friendly and helpful throughout - recommended. And afterwards we wended our several ways home.

Off to Ireland tomorrow.. and have booked a cheap ticket for All My Sons at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre for Tuesday. Let's hope the thunder showers expend their energy by then, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment