Wednesday 13 November 2013

Dance: Blam!

Of course, I left myself tight again to get into town for Blam! by Sadler's Wells, but Google Maps' timing was impeccable, and I made it just as they were calling for people to take their seats.

My side of the balcony was practically empty, and I could have changed seat if I'd wanted, but I was just fine where I was. There are no bad seats in the Peacock Theatre. Blam! is set in an office, with three bored office workers in cubicles, waiting for the boss to turn his back so they can play basketball with waste paper and waste paper baskets. So it starts slowly, and will be familiar to anyone who works in any kind of office.

But hold on to your hats, because they do a lot more than that eventually - what they do to the water cooler is just indescribable! And that poor office at the end of the show.. With a good rock soundtrack, this show is great fun. Runs until Saturday. And as I say, I managed to get a 55p discount on the booking fee, if not the actual ticket price, by booking through www.fromtheboxoffice.com. It is always worth shopping around, and this way you don't get encouraged to give a donation, as you invariably do with the venue's own box office. Not that I mind donating - they are worth it - but it is hard to be constantly hit for more money.

So, my friend who was supposed to go on a walk with me tomorrow night had to postpone, and instead I'm going to a play called Billy the Girl at the Soho Theatre. It's been a while since I was there, and the last time I booked I couldn't make it - forget why. Anyway, I got a terrific deal on my ticket for this by entering the code AYTOFFER at checkout - I found out about it just by searching for cheap tickets. £10 instead of £12.50, on full-price tickets only and subject to availability.. as I say, always shop around!

No comments:

Post a Comment