Monday 22 April 2013

The Book of Mormon

O wow. Wow, firstly, that I got a ticket to this at two days' notice. Wow, secondly, to the first act. And WOWOWOWOWOW all the way through the second!

Whee, this is fantastic!! Well, if you like South Park. Same writers, y'know.

I would happily go see this again, if not for the punitive price. But, has to be said, I had a terrific seat, pretty much dead centre, just close enough to see everything and far enough back to take in all the detail. And there is a lot happening on stage.

During the second act, noticed three clean-cut men in suits in the row in front of me, all coincidentally wearing glasses. I did wonder.. anyway, they apparently enjoyed it. :-)

As did the packed theatre! We cheered the whole way through as though we were at a rock concert; there was a standing ovation at the end, which I've hardly ever seen in London.

This show is amazing! Worth the three-figure sum I forked out for my ticket. That's saying something.. and the wine is decent value, for the West End.

Go see. All the hype is true!

(sigh*) Must go to bed now. In other news, v happy to have booked to see "Rosemary's Baby" on Wednesday in the Prince Charles cinema, just off Leicester Square. I like this cinema - bills itself as the cheapest cinema in the West End, and they may be right. I am also chuffed to be getting to see this film, finally. Last time it was in London was in the BFI, and it was impossible to get tickets. Funny, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment