Tuesday 16 May 2023

Dinner - Greenwich Yacht Club

Tonight, back with Over 40 Living the Life - I got the last ticket to this rescheduled dinner at Greenwich Yacht Club! Headed off in reasonable time - but what with last-minute messages, and a delay on the Tube, I ended up second-last to arrive. Now, the last time I was here, I ran across a couple heading the same way, who directed me, so I didn't pay enough attention - tonight, I got the right gate, but couldn't seem to open it! Never mind, I got there in the end.. decided to have the cheese and bacon burger, mainly because nobody else was, and I'd know it was mine when it arrived!

Wow - I'd figured I could get a large glass of white wine for £5. Nope, it was.. £4.50! I had - a lot.

Burger was decent, apart from being far too high to eat without dissecting. Chips were nice. Conversation was good. View was gorgeous, although - having been here before - I held off on photography until we were on the way back, and I could get a better view:


Apparently, there are quite a few Damien Hirst statues in the vicinity:


and they have some kind of decoration on the roof of the O2:

Lovely part of town, good food - and drink - at a great price. Not a surprise I keep coming back.

Tomorrow, back with Buddies on a Budget in London - she's introducing us to the Floating Pocket Park, in Paddington! where they have free things in summer - tomorrow, it's a free concert. Have to skive off work a bit early - ah well.

On Thursday, another film - this, however, is a private screening, organised by The London Palestinian Rights Meetup Group, in association with the Bethlehem Cultural Festival! Showing at the Prince Charles is Farha, the dramatisation of the life of a young Palestinian girl in 1948 - just at the start of the Nakba.. includes a Q+A afterwards with the director. Tickets from Eventbrite again. Then I'm back to Ireland for the weekend..

And on Monday is An Evening Stroll in Fitzrovia, courtesy of a new group, Paul and Tim's Greater London Talks and Walks! So yes, I'll give it a go..

No comments:

Post a Comment