Friday 28 May 2021

Virtual Tour: Broadway Bar Crawl

At (ahem) 1am today :-) I treated myself to another virtual tour with Broadway Up Close - this one was the Bar Crawl, and I just couldn't resist, the last one was so good. Hey, nobody calls early meetings on Friday anyway! Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto was organising - and getting a discount, which was nice! As was the fact that I could simply pay by card this time, dealing with the company direct.

Boy, I was still tired after my vaccine, though. But I bravely soldiered on, logging on at the appointed time - didn't contribute to the chat, I was wrecked! Still, I was very glad I signed up - this guy is hilarious, and I was listening for entertainment rather than information on where to visit. He regaled us with histories of Broadway - personal and historical..


..complete with photos. And this almost 90-minute tour abounded with tales..


Seriously, I could hardly stop laughing for most of it! Including at the story of the flop that was Moose Murders, whose first-night review you just have to read. To the extent that, when he told us about the restaurant that serves a free meal to the winner of a local dog show, why, we hardly batted an eyelid..

Highly recommended, and I'll be keeping my eye on any more they advertise.

At midnight tonight, I'll be watching Newsies, a new musical based on the true story of a newspaper strike, with the same group. Available for free, which is even nicer!

And tomorrow, it's back to another quiz from Cultureseekers - this one on British quotes. I doubt I'll get many right, but they should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment