Sunday 2 May 2021

Musical: Our House

 A while ago, Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto were watching Our House - a musical based on the music of the band Madness. So, with a lull in tv programming today, I caught up with that..

I like Madness. Was never a huge fan, but like everyone else, got interested in their music videos in the 80s. Their madcap antics in those, however, disguise some very deep themes in the songs - which are as catchy as ever, and a delight to listen to in this musical. It's a rather sweet story of a boy, trying to make his way through life.. at the pivotal age of 16, his story splits into two parallel lives; in both, he's the same person, in love with the same girl, but his experiences are different, and lead to very different outcomes in each. Kudos to him for the rapid costume changes.. Either way, a feelgood way to spend a couple of hours. Recommended for fans of the music, or of musicals. And free!

Well, it's a bank holiday tomorrow. Sadly, no chance of me getting back to Blighty just yet. Anyway, I guess I'll check out the St. Patrick's Festival website again - yes, it's still there! And tomorrow night, looking forward to the Bank Holiday Movie - The Delinquent Season stars Cillian Murphy and the delectable Andrew Scott as Dublin friends, both married - and wouldn't you know it, Cillian goes and sleeps with Andrew's wife. Tsk. Well, I'd watch Andrew Scott staring at a wall, so I suspect I'll enjoy this..

No comments:

Post a Comment