Sunday 16 May 2021

St. Patrick's Festival - Dance: Mary-Land

Today, a hole in my afternoon that could only be filled by programmes I'd already seen, or those I really didn't want to see, led me back to the St. Patrick's Festival website. And up next was Mary-Land, a contemporary dance piece about the boundaries on women in Irish society. As per the blurb.

It's short. During this short piece, we see a woman wriggling inside her clothes. She then goes out for a walk, during which she dementedly slumps against the wall, hangs off gates, that kind of thing. Until she sees another woman doing the same thing, whereupon she slopes off.

The end.

I dunno, if she was that restless, she should probably have headed out for a run..

Thursday midnight, back with Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto for a quiz, which I'll probably do terribly at. But hey, it shouldn't run too late for me to get to work, next day..

No comments:

Post a Comment