Monday 3 May 2021

Film: The Delinquent Season

Well, today's tv schedule kept me occupied enough that I didn't try anything else. Tonight, I was looking forward to the Bank Holiday Movie - The Delinquent Season stars Cillian Murphy and the delectable Andrew Scott as Dublin friends, both married - and wouldn't you know it, Cillian goes and sleeps with Andrew's wife. Tsk. Well, I'd watch Andrew Scott staring at a wall, so I suspected I'd enjoy this..

Sadly, Andrew wasn't used nearly enough for my liking. This is really Cillian's story, as he ducks and weaves through various unexpected events, yes, sleeping with Andrew's wife along the way. Poor Andrew mainly plays a rather sad role. The moral of the story - if there is one - is that you can never depend on people to stay the same, on relationships to stay the same. Really, you never know what's going to happen next in this story. So, engaging enough - except that I got very irritated with Cillian's character. Too passive for my taste. Ah well.

And so, after another week of work getting in the way, it's back to the St. Patrick's Festival website on Saturday, I guess..

No comments:

Post a Comment