Wednesday 3 June 2015

Restaurant: Taiwan Village

Yeah, the plan tonight was to go to the pictures. But then I found out that an ex-colleague was in the area, and some of us went for drinks, and so much for the pictures! We Are Many shall have to wait for another while.

It was a gorgeously sunny and mild day, and we drank outside - but when the sun went in, and it started to get cold, we headed off for something to eat. The plan was Pizza Express - but they were closed for a private function. Plan B was the Hare & Tortoise, nearby - but they had a long queue. So then one guy remarked that he was tired, and we all went our separate ways.

I headed for food in Taiwan Village, near home. They were packed, and asked whether I'd mind sitting downstairs. Not at all! Except when I got down there, the tables weren't set and it felt like I'd been left in a storeroom. After about five minutes, someone came down, apologised for the delay, said there'd be a table free upstairs soon - they were just finishing - and here was a menu while I waited. So I briefly perused the menu - I already knew what I wanted - and read my paper until someone else - 10 minutes later - finally came to tell me the table upstairs was free now.

I quickly ordered, and unusually, they brought me a basket of prawn crackers while I waited. Much appreciated - I was starving! When my food arrived, I realised I hadn't asked for a fork - but she was gone already. It was faster to get it myself - I know where they're kept. The service here is woefully inadequate for the volume of customers, but the food is always delicious, and I was glad I came.

I have leaving drinks for another colleague tomorrow evening, and I might head to the pictures on Friday. When We Are Many might finally feature! or perhaps not..

No comments:

Post a Comment