Monday 2 March 2015

Play: Dracula (or Mr Swallow: the Musical)

So, I found a curious little production in the Soho Theatre. Well, that is the home of curious productions! Dracula, or Mr Swallow - the Musical. I soon gathered it was a comedy - but I'm wary of comedy, it is subjective after all. The theatre website doesn't do previews, but I figured that Mr Swallow, whom I'd never heard of, sounded like a character I could search for, and I did so on YouTube. And found this preview! On the basis of which, I booked a ticket for tonight - it looks like fun. Well, they did say extra dates had been added due to phenomenal demand.. we shall see.

Unfortunately, it turns out tonight's performance is cancelled due to illness. I missed the call, and when I called back, I had to go through the world's longest list of menu options! The box office was #7. Gee, I guess they don't get many phone enquiries. Anyway, when I finally got through, I rebooked for Wednesday.

Because tomorrow, I'm headed to the Women of the World (WoW) festival. Honestly, they don't have that much on that appeals to me, but they do have a performance art thing tomorrow, so in the interests of the pursuit of weirdness, I'll give it a shot. Also booked, because this was selling out quickly..

As for tonight, oh frankly, I couldn't be bothered. I'll stay in and have a proper dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment