Saturday 26 September 2020

Film: The Goat

Tomorrow, on MeetupExperience London Events, Concerts & Parties is streaming a concert from the U.S. However, they have the wrong time on it - it's obviously happening later in the day here, so it's happening at 10pm rather than 10am, as advertised. So, not feasible for me. And London Social Detours is on in the evening, unusually - so I have to resort to film again. The next on my list was a comedy short from Buster Keaton called The Goat - and interestingly, is on a new platform for me! Findable on the Internet Archive..

Now, I was going to watch this tomorrow. But for heavens' sake, there was so little on telly that I said I might as well watch it now! It's only a short, anyway. Quality is excellent, I have to say. And while it is, of course, very dated, it's still a madcap romp - very little plot required, but basically, he's a down-and-out who (through the most improbable circumstances) gets mistaken for an escaped murderer. Lots of rather funny daftness ensues. And yes, he gets the girl.

For tomorrow, I now have a few choices, including a couple of films that I heard of, but never got around to seeing. So I think I'll pick The Farewell, in which a Chinese family not only cannot bring themselves to tell their grandmother she's dying, but arrange to have a wedding before she passes away.. Available on Amazon Prime.

No comments:

Post a Comment