Sunday 5 September 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Dúisigh Éire! (Awaken Ireland)

So, I ended up back on the St. Patrick's Festival website again today. Just briefly, for a nice artistic number about awakenings, composed in lieu of a parade, this year. It's called Dúisigh Éire! (Awaken Ireland), and reminiscent of the arty parades that they produce for the festival when we're not in lockdown. V pleasant..

So, back to work this week, and perhaps a film on Saturday, if they get something decent in. Not next Sunday, though.. I'm back to Blighty! Yes, flight booked back to London on the 12th. Wow, that was a long time coming. And Ryanair has proved reasonably obliging - however, of all the vouchers I've accumulated with them, from flights I booked but couldn't take, I couldn't use any for this first flight, as it originates in Ireland and the vouchers are all in £Sterling. Never mind, I've used them for the subsequent (return) flights.. :-) Which is fun - still more to use.

Sadly, Meetup is a bit bare, these days.. used to be, there was hardly a day when they didn't offer something decent! Anyway, best on the 13th seems to be an online Zoom quiz with Free Stuff and Free Events. I've signed up for it - perhaps something else will crop up in the meantime!

No comments:

Post a Comment