Friday 20 August 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Guided Walks around Dublin (with ISL)

Well, what with The Purge on Amazon Prime, it's been a long time since I looked at the St. Patrick's Festival website. Which I'm happy to say is still there, and proved very useful during a hole in programming today! I watched two guided walks around Dublin, based on famous people, and featuring ISL (Irish Sign Language). Both around 15 minutes.

First up was In the Footsteps of St. Patrick, in which we're led around sites associated with the saint, and learn sundry interesting facts about him. Which was followed by a rather more animated rendition of the Oscar Wilde Walking Tour, which also concerns his Dublin years, and in which a variety of sites associated with him are visited. Both very interesting, both recommended for fans of the subjects.

Now, tomorrow I'm thinking of heading back to that nice chap outside Ennis, who took such pains over washing my car (which already has cobwebs on it again - that's nature for you!), to see about getting it valeted. Which means I have to clear the rubbish out of it tonight.. also means I'm looking at what's on in the cinema there - and what appeals is Reminiscence, set in a dystopian, flooded future, where people like to live in their memories, and Hugh Jackman is a "detective of the mind", who has some fancy machinery to bring their memories to life. Thandiwe Newton is his assistant, Rebecca Ferguson the client who disappears, but with whom he apparently becomes obsessed. Showing late afternoon, so if I get to that nice man early enough - well, it shouldn't take as long as washing the car did! I will have to pay for parking, but it isn't much, and he doesn't work Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment