Friday 13 August 2021

Series: The Purge (Season 2, Episodes 9 & 10)

At last, tonight, I got back to Season 2 of The Purge, on Amazon Prime. Episode 9 was next up.. and what a riot of action, as the programme whips from one story to another, each at a critical moment. For the duration. I was seriously stressed by the end of it, as - as usual - we don't know who will survive, or even entirely what is going on, just yet.

And so - nervously - into Episode 10, which opens with a scene of them testing the security of the NFFA broadcast room, just prior to the very first Purge. Unfortunately - as with so many tech demos - it doesn't work, and the guy demonstrating is reduced to nervously video-calling the guy who installed the system. Who looks strangely familiar - it's Ethan Hawke! who starred in the first two films of the series. Fancy. You see, there is a logical timeline to the Purge - check it out on their Wikipedia page, linked to above (contains spoilers - don't read if you haven't finished the tv series). Anyway, nice throwback.

And then we're into our familiar characters' stories again, which start to make more sense, and start to join together. By the time we're substantially into the episode, it's apparent that this is the last in the series. :-( Aw nuts, two episodes fewer than the first season!

Anyway, not everyone survives - which is good, I hate an ending that's too happy. But the stories are nicely concluded, and we finish with the start of an anti-Purge movement - this links nicely into the timeline, coming just before the major anti-Purge swing in The Purge: Election Year. Man though, I'm really gonna miss having this to watch - especially when Season 2 has fewer episodes than I expected. Ah well.

Hey, in better news - my car is fixed! Whee, serviced n all, and sitting outside. So the plan for tomorrow is to go get it washed - as my taxi driver friend remarked, it's so green it looks like Kermit's car. Now, there's an excellent handwash car service - cheap too - on the way in to Ennis. So you know what I'm thinking.. if I get done in time, Don't Breathe 2 has a matinée showing at the Arc Cinema in Ennis.. I wasn't so impressed with the original, but what the hey, I'll give it a go. Again, with hardly any seats booked as of now, I think I can afford to head in without booking. Of course, parking isn't free on Saturdays, nuts - just have to grin and bear it. (And I'll be tempting fate, because I was at a film in the same cinema, the day my car broke down. Ah well..)

No comments:

Post a Comment