Sunday 25 April 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Poem - Untitled

Today, the plan was to check out some Edinburgh Fringe material that Free Stuff and Free Events advertised for last Thursday - seems the sessions are recorded. It'd be good to see some stand-up comedy again.

Yeah, well, comedy is subjective. I tried a couple of the recordings - turns out I'm kind of pathologically allergic to a couple of the regular presenters, whom I just don't find funny. One of them - Vladimir McTavish - is definitely trying too hard, I think. Well, that's how he comes across to me. I just can't bear to sit through any more of their stuff - so I'm afraid that's no longer an option for me. Well, I tried!

So, back to the St. Patrick's Festival website, where I came across a poem called Untitled, by the talented young Adam Mohamed. Another excellent piece of work, it deals with the perception of race in Ireland. Well worth checking out his stuff, which there's plenty of on YouTube.

On Friday night / Saturday morning, Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto are hosting a virtual walking tour of the old town of Hong Kong! To be clear, this is a real-life walking tour, live, in English, with a local guide.. cool! 3am my time, but what the hey.. A part of the world I've never been in, and I'll be delighted to visit virtually! Lockdown is good for some things.. and kudos to the group for reaching out to faraway places for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment