Sunday 4 April 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Techno Music - Transitions

It's over two weeks now since St. Patrick's Day. And what with the pandemic raging harder than ever, of course it was all online this year - at least they had more time to prepare than last year! And they did us proud, with a week's worth of festivities - most available on the festival website, and for free. I hadn't had time to see everything I wanted to, but luckily, it's mostly still there to watch. TV was decent today, so I didn't watch anything - but I made time to watch some tonight, before bed.

Next thing up was a series of "Transitions" videos, five in all. I got four watched (well, listened to) tonight - all techno music - not much to look at, apart from some Dublin seaside shots at the beginning and end. Otherwise, just the musician at the mixing desk: so, better to find something else to do, and have this on in the background. All just under half an hour long.

First is Polytunnel - mostly quite soothing, as far as these things go -   I did enjoy it, as background music - right up to the very end, and that really loud, jarring bit! But recommended, in general. After that comes a more upbeat piece, from New Jackson, followed by a more soothing piece again, from Gareth Quinn Redmond. My favourite of the four, however, was the atmospheric piece, Grief as a Ghost. I didn't find it at all mournful, but very peaceful - and the musician does provide some visuals to accompany it.

And yes, there's more on the site..

No comments:

Post a Comment