Friday 9 October 2020

Film: Freestyle - The Art of Rhyme

Tomorrow, with London Social Detours (LSD) meeting in the evening again, I'm back to film - next along was Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme - a rap documentary. Amazon Prime again.

But lo, there was nothing on telly to send me to bed last night - so I watched it then. Well, kind of.. I was getting tired, and frankly, the film did nothing to stave that off. Happily, it was just over an hour long - although buffering meant it was twice as long. Now, I like rap - I enjoyed the snippets that are heard throughout the film. I just have little interest in its origins, I discovered! Although the suggestion that one origin was from religious preachers with a sense of stagecraft is interesting! Apparently the film is award-winning - didn't make much impression on me, but perhaps if I were more invested in it.

So now, for tomorrow I have Children of the Beehive, as it's come up in ratings since last I checked. Set in post-war Japan, it's the story of a band of orphans, searching for somewhere decent to call home. Sands Films again.

And on Sunday, LSD is meeting earlier again! So this time, it's a virtual tour of pathology, plague, & pestilence in old London Town - v topical.

No comments:

Post a Comment