Saturday 23 November 2019

The Abbey Tavern

Currently in Ireland, and I went to the Abbey Tavern this evening - my mother didn't feel like braving the cold. And it was great to get back there, after so long.. the staff remembered me, the food was still tasty. The place was half empty, which made it easy both to find a parking space, and to find a table. I had a nice meal. Only thing - I decided I fancied the chicken. And it was as nice as ever - but I have never seen such a small chicken on a plate! Really, if not for the sides, I'd have left hungry. Curious - the portions are usually huge here. Ah well. Got takeaway desserts for both of us, which went down well.

On Monday, the Crick Crack Club is back with Rebel Children, at the British LibraryBen Haggarty & Jan Blake - ooh yeah!

On Tuesday, my annual trip to Winter Wonderland - heading to Cirque Berserk and the Ice Kingdom, as usual. Someone said he might come along.

On Wednesday, the first night in ages with North London Friends! We're at A Day in the Death of Joe Egg, at Trafalgar Studios.

And on Thursday, our ex-company's social group's Christmas meeting. We had a tiff about the venue - the organiser decided on Thai Square, which I think is overpriced and underwhelming. So he started to grumble about the difficulty of getting somewhere before Christmas - which will take a group, and doesn't cost the earth. Still though, he came up with an alternative - we've decided on the Warwick Castle pub in Little Venice. Lovely area, the pub sounds nice - with a Christmassy open fire, and a room we can book - and hey, it's a pub, which won't throw us out as quickly! They have a wine deal.. 10% off if you order at least £150 worth. And gee, he's had us choosing what we want off the menu. I also asked for the wine list - and now am waiting impatiently for someone - anyone - to get back to me with an idea of what they'd like to drink! I doubt I'll bother ordering any, at this rate. Why can't people ever make an effort..?!

No comments:

Post a Comment