Monday 30 January 2017

Immersive Theatre: Eat Zagi

Some events are just ill-fated. This was obviously one - when I saw Eat Zagi advertised, I thought - this looks interesting, was at something like it on Broadway once. Theatre centred around a dinner, where you're one of the guests - maybe the food isn't anything to shout about, but the conversation is guaranteed to be interesting!

So was the booking process, when the bank saw my transaction and thought - hey, that looks odd! So they blocked my card. I called them, at 2am, to compliment them on their sharp-sightedness, and assure them that this was a valid transaction. Handily enough, in the meantime, I found a £5 discount code - "EnjoyFunzing5". They also have "EnjoyFunzing10", which gives a £10 discount. And so I was all set for tonight.

So anyway, I was back at Ireland for the weekend - and sure enough, with the cold, the damp, and the draughtiness of my mother's house, I've come back with an inconvenient cold. Surviving, but not up to making witty dinner conversation with actors tonight. I've had to cancel. Hey, it's the thing I was least bothered about going to, this week!

Tomorrow, cold permitting, I'm headed for Sex with Strangers at Hampstead Theatre. First Meetup of the year with London Dramatic Arts. Dunno, I think it was that she had seats at both levels of the theatre, so it would've been too hard to avoid them..

On Wednesday, the Man with the Hat is starting the month again. Let's Do London - for less! is off to the Opera House for La Traviata.

On Thursday, he's taking both that group and London for Less Than a Tenner to Cadogan Hall for a concert involving the works of Brahms and Elgar, among others.

Friday promises to be unusual.. it's that late-night storytelling event at the Wellcome Collection. Tickets were all free, and are now all gone. I was too late to get a ticket for Ben Haggerty's storytelling performance, but I've booked the second, as well as the first and third talks. Anyway, there's tons of non-ticketed stuff on.

And finally, on Saturday, I'm finally going to the much-advertised British Museum Tour - Ideas That Made our World. A Funzing event, as advertised by two of their Meetup groups - London Speaks Sessions and LDN Talks @ Night. So I booked with both..

No comments:

Post a Comment