Saturday 24 April 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Celebrating Pat Ingoldsby

During a brief lull in programming this afternoon, I turned onto the St. Patrick's Festival website again - set up for a lockdown holiday, and still mostly operational. And some more short animated films based on the poetry of Pat Ingoldsby. At only a couple of minutes each, they're no hardship! Mind you, I wasn't much enthused about Welcome to our Woe, as dispiriting a mock version of the news as you could hope not to hear. Keen observation of the actual news, though. Still, I preferred How Little You Really Know about Us, an amusing little piece about what the elderly got up to during lockdown..

Tonight, Up in the Cheap Seats, unusually, has a Meetup I can make! A couple of intrepid souls are watching a live-streamed reading of a Canadian play - starts at 11.30pm our time, and we'll chat before and after, is the plan. Yep, sounds like something I can manage! So I've booked a ticket - was sent the link yesterday. Should make a change, at least..

No comments:

Post a Comment