Monday 1 February 2021

Film: Tully

Unusually, I got to watch a film on tv tonight - there simply wasn't anything else on that was watchable. And handily enough, that film was Tully, which I'd heard of but never seen, about a frazzled mum (Charlize Theron), who's overwhelmed until the arrival of the night nanny, the eponymous Tully. And I did get to see it, despite the twin distractions of mother and cat..

I have to say, the start of the film would put you off kids for life. One of the kids has special needs - he keeps bursting into tantrums - and she's on the verge of having another. The little trials of everyday life really get to her - she screams at her son's principal, the house is a mess, she's perpetually exhausted. And then, one night, the night nanny arrives..

And it's a transformation. She's soothing, she knows exactly what to do, she even cleans the house, and bakes. Very mindful, you could say - very nice film to watch, in fact. Theron also produces, and I do get the impression that this is rather autobiographical. Recommended - even if there weren't a very interesting twist at the end!

On Saturday - Meetup, for once! The first in over a month.. I'm finally joining 45+ Not Grumpy Old Londoners, for a Swinging 60s Experience - a Live Online Interactive Tour in a Psychedelic Minibus! Also running with their sister group, Carpe DiemTheir last event that I attended was terrifically organised, and I'm sure this one will be, too - it's great to see a group running something during the daytime at the weekend, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment