Wednesday 3 June 2020

Storytelling: Wise Words

Well, it was actually Midsomer Murders that put it in my head. See, they were solving the case of the murder of a folk singer - and some folk songs were sung. And it's been a while since I listened to any. So, once it was over - well, I had the idea, finally, to check out the Crick Crack Club's online page. Now, they said they were going to change one of the stories each week - but I swear, they haven't got around to it yet! Still, I was glad to get to these before any changes were made.

The shortest also sounded the most attractive. Wise Words is a double-hander, with Jan Blake & TUUP, about 20 minutes long, allowing for one story each. Jan is up first, with the intriguing story of a man with a tree growing from the top of his head - TUUP's I'd heard before, the one about the woman who seeks a love potion to make her husband notice her, and is told that the one essential ingredient is a tiger's whisker..

Sound quality is decent, and they're great to listen to. The only thing is - I do think they lose a little from not having visuals. Still, these days, what can you do? By all means though, do check out the artists' insight videos, at the side. And I'll certainly be back for more of these. Soul food, you know?

On Saturday, I'm back with 
Up in the Cheap Seats for another musical - Reasons to be Cheerful. Interestingly, for the talk after, we're back on Jitsi again..!

No comments:

Post a Comment