Tuesday 15 October 2013

Black Jesus

Well, here we go again. Didn't happen.

I had a flat viewing @6 (unproductive) and, finding myself on North End Road, decided I'd like something to eat. I finally came across an Italian, Porcini, which had some customers but not a lot. So I plumped for that.

The wine was a good choice - not the cheapest on the list, the second cheapest - the pinot bianco. It was delish. My starter, focaccia, was a bit dry and there was too much of it, but the main course - saltimbocca alla romana - was gorgeous. And both staff and customers are Italian. What more do you want?

Well, service that doesn't move through quicksand for one. It was 15 minutes after I had finished my starter before I got my main. I had to stand to make them look in my direction, so I could ask for the bill - which it then took them five minutes to get together, given that there was some confusion over what I'd ordered. I didn't have time to finish my meal, and I still missed the play. Howzat for service?

Hmph. The Light Princess tomorrow. Won't be heading to Porcini's again if I'm in a hurry - or, at least, I won't have a starter.

Bah humbug..

No comments:

Post a Comment