Sunday 13 June 2021

St. Patrick's Festival: Concert - Kíla

Sport or repeats or.. and so I came back to the St. Patrick's Festival website today - where the next thing up was a concert by Kíla! I've seen them live - they're a madcap mashup of trad Irish music, and I love them. And I thought that'd be just the thing to display on my new, bigger-screen, smart tv!

Unfortunately, I guess my tv browser hasn't the memory to deal with this packed website - it kept crashing, so I gave up and played it on my laptop instead. (I don't have the cable to connect it to the telly.) Never mind, it's a foot-stamping, head-bopping, madcap rush of a thing - as expected. At under an hour long, it doesn't outstay its welcome. Highly recommended - don't worry about the dialogue and lyrics in Irish, just lose yourself in the chaotic music. Kíla never disappoints..

For Saturday, I guess Cultureseekers will be posting another online quiz - but they haven't just yet. But I still have plenty to check out on that St. Patrick's website..!

No comments:

Post a Comment